Τρίτη 2 Οκτωβρίου 2012

Maredsous 8 Bruin


ABV 8%
Bottle of 330 ml at home, poured into a chalice, after letting it warm up a bit. It gave me one and a half fingers of beige head, with average retention and I mean by that that biggest part of the foam went away but a quite thick layer of it stayed on the surface. Heavy lacing around the glass. What I really liked was the colour, very very deep bruin, it looked almost black while sitting on the table and no light was held agianst it.
Aroma: When I opened the bottle I smelled some dark fruits. Now that the beer sits in the glass, I smell caramel and roasted malts mostly and less than before the fruits. An excellent aroma.
The roasted malts are very notable on the taste too, one could say that they overtake any other element of the beer's flavour. Slighty bitter though, leaves behind an iron aftertaste. Reminded me faintly of Guiness and the fact that the alcohol is so finely concealed surely help. It's like you're drinking a beer with at least 3% less alcohol. 
A full, thick body, with a light amount of carbonation.
It's been a while since I had the other two of the Maredsous family. but I don't remember them impressing me as much as this one. A really great beer and as it warms up becomes better, has now got rid of the metallic aftertaste and it goes down very smoothly. I will recommend and buy again.

3.78/5
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου