Τετάρτη 25 Ιουλίου 2012

Gulpener Pilsner



For some reason I am fond of Gulpener, maybe because I don't find it so often in my local supermarket, maybe because the first crate I bought came with some tupil bulbs..
Appearance is typical for a pilsner, golden yellow colour with a two finger head, average retention, and quite an activity in the glass.Smells as any other cheap lager out there, this is not how I remember it, or I wasn't as educated in beer as before I join BA. Drinking it out the bottle played its role too.
Taste is better but nothing above the average, slighty bitter and malty.
Average thickness and carbonation on the body, leaves some dryness on the palate.
Overall, pleasantly drinkable but Gulpener has better ones to offer, then again if you just want a pilsnerer this will cover you. And as their slogan is "To the future" (where hopefully this beer wil improve a bit).
ABV 5%
 That was my old review, posted on beeradvocate, and things haven't change, maybe because it's only two months before. Last week I got two crates of this, since they were on a Buy 2 - Pay For 1 offer, but unfortunately they were a bit skunked. Maybe that was the reason for the offer. They are once again on offer this week, but I think I'll skip it.
Standard 300 ml bottle, poured into a Heineken glass, as you can see on the next photo.

2.9/5
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου