Τετάρτη 22 Αυγούστου 2012

Carlsberg

ABV 5,0%

 I got this beer in a WORLD OF BEERS packet (possibly the worst beer related buy I ever spent money on - the packet itself I mean, beers were alright).
 A small green bottle of 250 ml, with only its neck covered with a label, while a relief of the word CARLSBERG can be found four times around the bottle.
 I crack the bottle open and a smell of malts goes straight into my nose. The head is white in colour when I pour it, one finger in height and seems thick in texture. A lot of bubbles rising hastily to the top. The head disappears after a while, leaving a thin film covering the sutface of the beer, but no lacing around the glass.
 The aroma of this beer comes mostly from the malts, with a nice strong smell. Some hops aroma too, but very faint.
 The taste is very malty too, thus sweet. But only at first, since the aftertaste is pleasantly bitter. Very refreshing on a hot day like this one.
 Dry on the palate, quite thin on the body and light carbonation, give this beer a high drinkability.
 Overall a very nice beer. I had it many times before but mostly straight from the bottle and I could also easily find a cold one at my local bar. Now that I can't find it around the corner anymore (except in cans which I'd rather not) I appreciate it much more.

3.35/5




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου