Σάββατο 4 Αυγούστου 2012

Salitos Mojito

ABV 5%

I think my first time I had this one was a year ago while I was having dinner with my girlfriend at a mexican restaurant. I couldn't possibly take any notes back then since I was in the middle of a dinner, but nevertheless I kept some mental ones, on which the following review was based.

From bottle. Colour is green-ish yellow.I liked the appearance and the way it changed under the light. Aroma of mint. Light taste, also mint, refreshing. I would honor it during the summer months if it was nearby available,still, I give it a low overall score since it contains less than 50% beer.

2.65/5
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5



One year later, this beer mix is more widely available, at least in my city, since it's one of the new beers at the local supermarket. When I saw it I thought to give it another try. Also, coincidenly, my girlfriend is going again tonight to that restaurant for dinner ( I am staying home to drink more beers). This is my re-review, much more different than before.



330 ml white glass bottle with a twist-to-open crown cap, at home. This is surely made to be drunk straight from the bottle, but I poured it into a glass anyway. Colour is transparent green-yellowish, with a head that leaves the beer straight away. No bubbles whatsoever in the glass. 3,5
Aroma is of limes mostly with a subtle mint smell. 3
Taste is also of limes and mint. The mint flavour much more stronger on the aftertaste. Somehow, they managed to make it taste like a mojito, so whenever your girlfriend complains that "you only drink beer, beer, beer, try something else for once, for god's sake" you can order this one if it's available and pretend you drink a summer cocktail. Or just order your favorite beer and just ignore your girlfried anyway. 2,5
On the body is as thin as water, and quite carbonated, to the point that your first sip will make you think that you drink soft drink, or maybe an energy drink if you take the colour into account.Makes sense of course, this one is 58% mojito flavoured soft drink and 42% beer.
Overall, and after taking a look on the ingredients, I don't think I will look for it any time soon, too many chemical craps. I am pretty sure that if I add lime juice and a mint leaf into my ordinary lager it will be better than this.

Appearance 3,5
Aroma 3
Taste 3
Mouthfeel 1,5

Overall 1,5



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου