Κυριακή 19 Αυγούστου 2012

Pilsner Urquell

ABV 4,4%



Even from within the green bottle, you could tell that this beer is crystal clear. And so it was when poured. A deep golden colour, very clear, with some bubbles rising to the surface. The one thing dissapointing though was the head, because it didn't have any. Okay, it had maybe half a finger and that dissaperaed straight away. I read some other reviews though and almost everyone was ecsatic about the creamy head, which I obviously miss. I'll try to get my hands on another bottle, just to make sure that it was only my bottle. 
edit:once again, a small white head that disappears completely, very fast
A nice aroma of slighty roasted malts, with maybe some floral notes.
Taste is also on the malty side, but on the small amount of time that stays in your mouth, manages to appear quite balanced between the malts and hops, and to that certainly helps the bitter aftertaste.
Urquell has a full body and just the right amount of carbonation. It leaves a dryness on the palate. 
Overall, a nice and refreshing beer. I had it once on tap and the colour was hay golden, while it had a very average taste. From the bottle it's like I am drinking a totally different beer, which might be true, you never know what a bar owner serves as X beer.

3.7/5


The beer that defined the style Pils, when it was first brewed on the Czechish town of Plzen. I think I read once that the water there plays a significant role to the crispiness of this beer. Long ago before I get interested in beers (other than just drink'em) I had a girlfriend from up there and she was telling me how cheap beer is in Czech Republic and how much better than the ones we had. Well, maybe I would be there if it wasn't for life's strange games.




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου