Σάββατο 15 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012

Budweiser


ABV 5,0%
Another one included in the BEERS OF THE WORLD package. First time I had this beer was last March in Mexico, imported from the United States. This one I 'm having now was actually brewed in England and it has some differences from the "original", with the label being the main one, where it's written Bud instead of Budweiser, to differentiate it from the czechish Budweiser I suppose.The one I had in Mexico, I had straight from the bottle, so this is a nice chance to re-review it, taking it's actual smell and overal appearance into account this time.
Pale golden yellow colour, with two fingers of froathy head, with great retention. It surprised me here. Enormous activity in the glass, with a continuous stream of countless bubbles feeding the head.
Not much on the aroma front, not bad, but not anything notable either. Just, neutral, except from a faint rice smell.
Hmm, "meh" taste. I don't mind the rice taste in a beer, on the contrary sometimes I like it, but  this one has it so subtle and flat that goes almost unnoticeable.
Very thin on the body and very light carbonation.
Back in Mexico this beer was a great break from all those corn flavoured mexican beers. Back here though it's just a below the average beer. I can see why it is so popular in some places though, it's very drinkable on a hot day and if you just came back home from work on a summer evening, this is a great thirst quencher. If I was living in such a climate myself and the price was right, I would certainly keep a bunch of those in my fridge. 


2.4/5
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου