Κυριακή 2 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012

New Beer In The House III

After a long week I had a day off but nothing to do at home. I checked all the sites I visit the most, even some that I had stopped visiting because they had turned boring and I am still taking those pills, so I couldn't just sit around and drink beers. The weather though was excellent for being outside, and that's what I decided to do, go out. And buy some beers.
First I cycled to a nearby town, ten kilometres away (and another ten to come back of course), to visit a liquor store chain of shops where the Duvel Triple Hop 2012 Edition is sold exclusively. I got me three bottles plus two bottles of Weihenstephaner Vitus, which has won the prize of the best beer in the world for 2011  (if I remember correctly). On the way back, I stopped by ALDI, a cheap supermarket where they only sell one specific brand of beer called Schulten Bräu and that's the only option too. But this was a bigger supermarket than the one around my neighbourhood, so I went in hoping I could find something different. Alas, the same one brand but what a surprise, next to it a Schulten Bräu Rose! Wow, I was amazed. I got me a pack of six bottles since I couldn't do otherwise and buy just one or two. Next stop, a shop specialized in biological products, beer among them. I found quite a few but I didn't have enough money with me or space in my backpack. So I onl got two bottles of Pinkus Hefe Weizen and came home.
Here is a photo of all of them.


I am not sure if I am looking forward to open those Schulten Braus, usually pink beers are a bit hazy but this one seems pretty clear inside that brown bottle. I was also surpised to find out that there is a Schulten Brau Wit and a Schulten Brau Strong Beer with an alcohol percentage of 8%, a Schulten Brau Lente (Spring) Bock and a Schulten Brau Herfst (Autumn) Bock too! I wonder in which ALDI are sold though, maybe I will pay them again a visit once all the brands have released their bock beers.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου