Κυριακή 16 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012

Palm

ABV 5,4%
  One of the most widely available belgian beers here in Netherlands, along with Jupiler, I guess. I had it many times before and the supermarket around the corner had it on offer recently, so I grabbed the chance to get a whole crate of it. It was also a good choice for my new tulip glass to be used for the first time. 
  The small bottle of 300 ml gave me a beer light amber in colour, with slighty beige head of two fingers in height, with good retention, which left some traces of lacing as it was going down.
  A sweet aroma coming mostly from roasted malts. That's where the faint caramel aroma is coming from too.
  Taste is fruity you could say at first, but then the flavour of the roasted malts overcomes everything else. Slighty metallic aftertaste. 
  On the body is quite thin, with an average carbonation. 
  Now, I like Palm and for a moment I thought it could replace my usual lagers and pilsners that I drink after a long day at work, but after having it continuously for almost a week, I find it a bit boring, to tell the truth. Still, a good beer to break the routine every once a while.

3.23/5
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου